Te Kura o Wairau’s curriculum is based on the New Zealand curriculum.
We have a huge focus on raising achievement in literacy and mathematics.
Our learning curriculum is based on the concept of a Fale.
- The roof is interwoven with the Key Competencies and our Uara values. They over arch everything we do.
- The open walls allow for movement and entry in an out at different stages of learning.
- The poles stand for our inquiry process and the learner can move from one to another.
- The mats on the floor represent the curriculum areas, which again can be different sizes, can overlap and move around.
- The base of the Fale is the whānau whānui
This represents everything a child brings to school from home and community.
This is the base for our learners.
A big thanks to Inspire for the web sponsorship
Te Kura o Wairau © 2023